Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pork tenderloin with olives and capers

Well, I guess that I have already failed miserably at posting every day, but I have a good excuse. I swear. See, cooking without a dishwasher is something I'm not used to and after seeing how freaking long it took us to do the damn dishes by hand I kinda went into survival mode (surviving by using the least amount of pots and pans, that is.) But today is the big day when things are gonna change. Between 2 and 4 this afternoon the good folks from Best Buy will be delivering my brand spanking new dishwasher, so I thought I'd celebrate by posting one of my favorite recipes which, incidentally, can be made by using only one pot. It's a win-win situation, right? 

PORK TENDERLOIN WITH OLIVES AND CAPERS
From Cooking Light

  • 1  pound  pork tenderloin, trimmed
  • 1/2  teaspoon  salt
  • 1/2  teaspoon  black pepper
  • 1/4  cup  all-purpose flour
  • 1  tablespoon  olive oil, divided
  • 1/2  cup  dry white wine
  • 1/2  cup  fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
  • 1/2  cup  coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olives
  • 2  tablespoons  capers
  • 2  tablespoons  chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Cut pork crosswise into 8 pieces. Pound each piece to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle both sides of the pork with salt and pepper. Place the flour in a shallow bowl. Dredge pork in flour.

Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Add wine and broth; bring to a boil. Stir in olives and capers; cook 4 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Now this is something I know Matthew would like... he loves olives, and we both love capers. Mmmmmmm, your recipes always inspire me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails