Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Berry pie

A super easy pie, for those of you who, like me, are not much into dessert. But sometimes you just have to serve it because, let's say, you have planned dinner for 6, but you end up with 10 guests.

No biggie. The more the merrier and all that crap.

But if you don't want everyone to leave your house hungry, you have to come up with something. Recently, when a few extra friends stopped by for dinner, I had to rethink my menu a little because the pasta I wanted to serve was not enough for everyone. So I made a savory pie for an appetizer and made this berry pie for dessert. Lots of pies, I know, but they had a buy-one-get-one-free offer on refirgerated pie crust at the store, what else could I have done?

Basically this is a non-recipe. I bought some fresh berries, but frozen will do the trick. I washed them and sprinkled them with brown sugar and lemon.  Then I unrolled the pie crust, poured the berry mixture in it, folded the edges and put the pie in a 350°F oven until it looked done. I sprinkled it with powder sugar... and voilĂ ! Dessert is done.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha "the more the merrier and all that crap" that totally mad me laugh :)

    Love the look of this pie. Very rustic looking. I would probably just dig in a fork...I'm classy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me giggling too! The pie is delectable! I love rustic. It's more homey and comforting.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails