Thursday, January 19, 2012

Healthy habits: Eat more veggies! Vegetable frittata

Since apparently I didn't have enough stuff to do with my other challenge, the Indie travel challenge, I decided to embark in a healthy eating challenge as well. "Cooking Light's 12 healthy habits" seemed like a good option, since it isn't too demanding but at the same time it does push you toward a better way of eating and living.

January's challenge (I know, I'm a bit late, aren't I?) is to eat more vegetables, specifically to "Add 3 more servings of fruits and vegetables to your diet each day". Since I'm intolerant to most raw fruit and I don't really care for cooked fruit, I have decided to add vegetables to my daily diet and call it a day. It isn't too much of a challenge for me, as I really like veggies anyways, but I have decided to concentrate on some good vegeterian recipes that I can take to the office with me and eat for lunch.

Today I brought a nice frittata packed with tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini and fresh herbs. Easy to make, delicious to eat and, most of all, nice and light, so I didn't feel that after-lunch fatigue overcoming me.


VEGETABLE FRITTATA:

2 eggs
1 teaspoon butter
1 small zucchini, cubed
A few cherry tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon dried thyme
Salt and pepper

Cook vegetables in a small pan with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.

In a bowl beat eggs, add salt, pepper and thyme. Add vegetables.

Heat butter in a small skillet, pour egg mixture into it and cook, about three minutes per side, or until desired degree of doneness.

5 comments:

  1. Mmm!! Fritatas are a wonderful healthy food - and well done on the more veggies dear - one of the most important moves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eat lots of veggies. That frittata looks really scrumptious and beautiful!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been doing the "more veggies" thing for awhile now and the weird thing is that when we DON'T have vegs for either lunch or dinner, our bods feel a little off. Example: I kinda went nuts last night at the pizzeria and ordered a Carbonara pizza (pomo, mozz, pancetta, grana, egg on top) because the word-recognition thing had me salivating for the original. Anyways, it felt so heavy in my stomach along with the beer and needless to say, sleep last night was touch and go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. will certainly not be feasible simplesite.com/ on using the app. It will Click Here just give you mistakes or will not work at Download Game Killer APK/App for Android, iOS and PC all unless you root your android phone.With Game Killer Download game awesome you could conveniently cheat clash Game Killer of clans treasures as well as obtain limitless gems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. children approximately five years of ages.medium.com/ All jogging infant strollers are developed to offer Title even more security than a traditional baby stroller and lower rough effects.running baby strollers vary in 10 Best Jogging Strollers | May 2017 the number of systems they have in location to complete this.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails